Are you a fan of podcasts? I have never really been one to listen to podcasts regularly until this past year. I have found that podcasts are an amazing way to learn and be entertained while in the office. If you’re like me, working on the computer all week, it can sometimes get old to listen to that same playlist over and over. I’ve found that podcasts have expanded my knowledge on cultural and social issues, as well as brought inspiration and motivation to my daily life.
You can find podcasts on just about any subject, but one of my favorite things to listen to are interviews with people in the working world who have made an impact in some significant way. I love hearing about how people have gotten to where they are, the struggles they faced, and how they overcame.
I have a handful of podcasts that are on repeat during my work day, and I wanted to share them with you! Here are my top five favorite podcasts right now:
1. Girlboss Radio: Did you guys read this book? Sophia Amoruso wrote about her journey to founding Nasty Gal, one of the fastest-growing retailers in the world. I absolutely loved this book when I read it last year, and I was thrilled to find out she has now started a #girlboss podcast. On the show, Sophia interviews different women who are leading their own companies, starting brands, and more. I am constantly inspired by these woman who are truly paving the way for generations to come. My favorite podcast, currently!
2. Stuff Mom Never Told You: This podcast is just that, stuff you wish your mom had told you that somehow you have to figure out on your own. That’s where this podcast comes in handy. The two hosts, Cristen and Caroline, decode all the random questions you may have about us ladies and gents. To give you a sample, recent topics include:
“Women Who Vape”
Laughing while learning is always a good method.
3. After the Jump: Design blogger Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge hosts the podcast After the Jump. She conducts a series of interviews with creatives in a handful of industries, chatting about topics relevant today. Topics include:
“The Future of Print Magazines”
“Changing Pay Rates for Creatives”
“Change the World Through Design”
Unfortunately, the series ended in 2014 but there are over 100 episodes to sift through with a long list of interesting topics for creatives!
4. Hillsong Sisterhood: I absolutely love this podcast. Maybe it’s not as much of a podcast as it is a compilation of sermons by Bobbie Houston, Senior Pastor of Hillsong Church and head of Sisterhood, the women’s ministry. Hands-down, this is my favorite go-to when I need a good dose of truth and biblical encouragement. She’s got the cutest personality and the funniest stories.
5. This American Life – This American Life is a podcast I’m sure many of you are familiar with. I first heard about it through their addicting series ‘Serial,’ but soon came to find out, this is no new podcast. This weekly show is a journalistic program, featuring various memoirs, informational topics, and social issues. It’s a great source to learn more about a handful of topics that are going on in our world today.
You can subscribe to any of the above podcasts through iTunes for free! Do you have any great podcasts to add to the list? I would love to add more to my library! Be sure to comment your favorites below!
*PS, excuse the blog right now. There are some errors happening with a few of my graphic elements on the side bar. Working to fix this week!